Mary J. Adams of Cozad passed away Sunday, December 1, 2019 at Emerald Care Nursing at the age of 88. Mary was born June 4, 1931 in Lincoln, Nebraska and adopted when only days old by Bryan and Jean Maurine (Webster) Harrell. She graduated from Doniphan High School as valedictorian in 1949. Mary worked briefly at a bank in Hastings, Nebraska following high school. After taking a civil service test, she was offered a job with the U.S. Government. She moved to Lincoln and worked in the regional office of the Veterans Administration as a clerk typist. Later she transferred to the Veterans hospital in Lincoln and then to Grand Island. On May 3, 1951, married her high school sweetheart, Bob Adams. To this union, four sons and one daughter were born, Jarold, Steven, Harold, Colin and Debra. Mary was a faithful and devoted member of the Cozad United Methodist Church. She served as treasurer of the United Methodist Women, taught Adult Sunday School classes and was instrumental in starting the Thrift Shop. Mary was preceded in death by her parents; daughter, Debra and her husband Dick Wolfe; and her brother, Bill Harrell. She is survived by her husband, Bob Adams of Cozad; sons, Jarold Adams of Cozad, Steven (Chellie) Adams of Lewisville, TX, Harold (Melanie) Adams of Concordia, KS and Colin (Monica) Adams of Lenexa, KS; brother, Steve (Barbra) Harrell of Waddell, AZ; 8 grandchildren; 4 great grandchildren and 1 great-great grandson; sister-in-law, Carol Beukenhorst; and many other relatives and friends. Online condolences may be shared at berrymanfuneralhome.com. Memorials are suggested to the Cozad United Methodist Church. Services will be held Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. at the Cozad United Methodist Church with Pastor Doug Gahn officiating. Burial will follow at Cozad Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday, December 6, 2019 from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. with family receiving friends from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Berryman Funeral Home.
- Second Lincoln man arrested in shooting in GI
- WATCH NOW: Gov. Pete Ricketts gives updates on coronavirus in Nebraska
- Packers coach Matt LaFleur won’t miss the NFL’s foolhardy pass-interference reviews
- Alabama football: Slow start in recruiting not too much to overcome — yet
- NU nutrition director Ellis confident in plan as athletes return, calls for 'citizenship and empathy'
- MVFC Football | Valley has 18 players selected on All-America teams
- Slight uptick in Nebraska's initial unemployment claims
- Auburn football: 2020 could be the Year of Big Kat Bryant
- WATCH NOW: Ricketts sets rules to reopen bars and movie theaters, pools and zoos
- Ricketts praying for Columbus' Moser
- Nebraska park cabins, lodges closed for at least two weeks longer
- UNL sees jump in students taking online classes this summer
- Corn Board to Meet June 10-11, 2020, in York
- Ricketts on $10B in federal coronavirus aid: 'It will be a big job to keep track of all this money'
- Chadron State to pay $900,000 in settlement of Title IX lawsuit
- Beatrice YMCA plans $6M project
- July 3 petition deadline close, but signatures gathered from a distance
- Don Walton: A Memorial Day with a much different feel
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.